The requirement for precision is fundamental when handing munitions and delicate components within the defence sector.
Accuracy, efficiency and reliability are paramount in all of SCX’s work, combining rigorous standards and high levels of innovation to produce specialist handling systems that comply with stringent military standards.
SCX creates bespoke solutions to precisely handle the most unusual, valuable or hazardous assets, even in extreme environmental conditions.
SCX designs, builds, installs and maintains some very special handling solutions.
We deliver safety-critical mechanical and EC&I systems that are focused on the reliable and repeatable handling of valuable and sensitive assets.
The earlier we understand your requirements, the more cost-effective, fit-for-purpose solution we can build.
And we’re with you all the way: from initial designs, through manufacturing and assembly, to installation and commissioning, to MRO and beyond.
- 20t safe working load for JSP-compliant munitions handling
- Exclusive MotoSuiveur device to arrest uncontrolled loads
- Enhanced EC&I including display panel and additional field sensors
- Supplied to the UK defence programme
- Offset hoist maximises hook coverage and lift height in a limited space
- High-integrity design with remote, semi-automated operation
- Stainless steel shrouded cranes with seismic verification
- Loose Article Control includes careful routing of all wiring
- Independent safety via MotoSuiveur load arrest device
- High-integrity, high-safety handling system for asset testing
- Safety case required an air-powered hoist with electrical control
- Load monitoring and carefully restricted operation zones
- Complete renewal of ship cranes to JSP467 & JSP482 standards
- Anti-uplift design with collision detection and rack-and-pinion drive
- CLAME compliant for reliable and safe operation in rough seas
- Upgrade of an 18-year old 40-tonne assembly crane
- Enhancements included EC&I upgrades and Loose Article Control
- Overload, overspeed and anti-collision protection also added
- A range of cranes for the UK MOD
- Various specifications from COTS+ to MOTS to bespoke
- Includes Loose Article Control and MotoSuiveur load arrest
- Designed to IEC 61508 functional safety standards
- MotoSuiveur load arrest device to protect valuable assets
- Capable of extremely fine control of both light and heavy loads
- Five systems per ship – from handling cargo to servicing Chinooks
- Captive anti-uplift design able to operate in rough seas
- Lloyds certified, supported by comprehensive calculations
- Automotive-inspired semi-automated monorail system
- 38 trolleys move in unison around the production line floor
- Increases output of F-35s from one per week, to one per day
- 32-tonne ILW cranes for waste package import and export handling
- Bespoke grapples to interface with different package types
- Multiple layers of safety, plus MotoSuiveur load arrest devices